At 2,100 meters above sea level, la Cabane is a wonderful log cabin hotel located conveniently within walking distance of the beautiful ski slope of Becharreh. Surrounded by Cedar trees planted in the 1960s by the family, it sits on the top of the town and overlooks the famous Cedars forest.
Upon arrival, you will be greeted with refreshments and fresh fruits of the season. Music and drink are enjoyed in the evenings in the restaurant and bar, its wooden interior giving the place a warm rustic feel accented by sheepskin seats and a cozy fire.
Located on the ski slopes near a number of wonderful villages with many sites to explore.
Listed below are just a few:
* The Cedars ski slopes and the Cedars forest reserve.
* Gebran Khalil Gebran museum (the famous writer and philosopher from the early 20th century) overlooking the beautiful Qadisha Valley.
* Qadisha Valley (UNESCO World Heritage. Most important early Chrsitian monastic settlements in the World).
* Qadisha Grotto.
* Qornet el Sawda (highest peak in Lebanon 3,080 m).
* Ouyoun Orghosh.
* Hasroun village, famous for its beautiful traditional Lebanese houses.
* The Mar Leba church built in the 16th century.
* Hiking on the Lebanon Mountain Trail (LMT).
* Trekking into the high mountains “Jourd” to discover the troglodyte monastery of Mar Yaacoub, the highest church in Lebanon.
Hotel Address: Cedars ski parking, Cedars
On the ski slopes.